IS2000-120C Cognex In-sight 2000 Vision Sensor
Assembly line productions require equipment to keep track of flaws in merchandise, and that means needing a device that can effectively and properly inspect, identify and measure products. That’s where Cognex and their In-Sight 2000 line of vision sensors come in.
Installed with the 5.2.1 firmware from Cognex, the IS2000-120C holds 160 MB. Non-optic hardware includes built-in IO ports (2 input, 4 output) able to interface with the expansion module, the CIO-1400 I/O, which increases the number of ports of the IS2000-120C to a total of 9 input 12 output.
To be more user-friendly and easier to understand what’s happening with the sensor, the IS2000-120C has five multicolored LEDs to indicate status and functions. For Power, indicating if the device is active, there’s a green LED, a blinking orange LED for Ethernet trigger status. For Network Connection, the color changes between yellow, designating link up, and blinking orange for a data transfer. For the Pass or Fail indicator, there’s a green and red LED.
Standard In-Sight 2000 dimensions:
- 200 g (7.05 oz)
- Durable, heavy-duty aluminum alloy frame
- 92 mm long, 60 mm wide, and 52 mm tall (3.62 in by 2.36 in by 2.04 in)
- Average operating temperature between 0°C - 40°C (32°F - 104°F)
- Produces under 95% humidity and is completely non-condensing at maximum conditions
- Includes four M3 threaded mount locks to attach to any acceptable surface
- 640 x 480-pixel image resolution
- 24-bit full color
- 55 fps
- 8 millimeter lens, S mount