Model 8237-1599 is a panel mount from the Woodward Protech-GII series. It’s an over-speed detection device that can safely shut down any size turbine. It can work with turbines that are hydro, gas, or steam-powered, and comes equipped with stamped alarms and trip logs. This model has an IP56 enclosure type and 3 x 4-inch display monitors.
Additional specifics for models 8237-1599 include;
- Storage temperature is between -20 and 65 degrees Celsius.
- A maximum purge pressure of 4 psi.
- A low input voltage of 24 Vdc.
- A high input voltage of 125 Vdc.
- 3 serial communication slot ports.
- An IP56 enclosure type.
- Ability to work on any size turbine that is powered by water, steam, or gas.
Model 8237-1599 weighs around 22 pounds or less and can be mounted to any size cabinet. This product can be operated in temperatures that range from -20 to 60 degrees Celsius. The model is 13 inches tall and just over 17 inches long. Model 8237-1599 used to come with a three-year warranty from Woodward, but it has been discontinued. However, this over acceleration turbine safety device can still be found through places like AX Control.