Speed control model 8290-185 from the Woodward Electrically Powered Governor series is made to be part of a full EPG system. These systems are designed to work on prime movers. Model 8290-185 is compatible with movers powered by gasoline and natural gas. No hydraulic oil supply or mechanical drive is needed for operating this speed control product. Additional information about model 8290-185 includes;
- System battery voltage of 24 volts.
- Maximum power consumption of 95 watts.
- Minimum magnetic pickup of 1.5 VRMS.
- Ambient temperature range of -40 to 75 degrees Celsius.
- 5A battery charger capability.
- A start fuel limit.
- Optional use with ramp generator.
- Compliant with EU Directive.
Speed control product model 8290-185 is an isochronous device to only works with specific actuators. It can work with models 1724 and 524. Adding a ramp generator will allow for longer deceleration and acceleration rates. It can be installed with 12 AWG and 14 AWG wiring, and proper length requirements should be followed.