Product 8290-072 is in the Woodward Electrically Powered Governor series and works as a single-phase droop control for prime movers. This model can operate with gas or gasoline-powered engines. This specific speed control device is compatible with the actuator models 8256-022 and 8256-017. Specifics for speed control model 8290-072 include;
- A system battery voltage of 12 volts.
- Required speed range of 1500 to 3000 Hz.
- Operating temperature range of -40 to 167 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Steady-state-current consumption maximum of 4 amps.
- Compatible with 12AWG and 14AWG wires.
- EU Directive Compliant.
- The use of a parallel generator is optional.
Combining product 8290-072 with an actuator and magnetic pickup will create an entire EPG system. These systems are made for use on prime movers. This model can be mounted on the prime mover but should be kept near high heat sources and installed close to the battery and actuator. It should be placed in a covered and well-ventilated area. This allows the device to cool down naturally while being protected from the weather and moving devices. While Woodward has discontinued model 8290-072 and other devices in the series, it can be found through AX Control. This product can be bought, sold, or repaired with AX Control, and will be given a three-year warranty.