Product 8256-084 is an actuator from Woodward that is part of a complete EPG system. This model is from the Electrically Powered Governor series and is made to be used on prime movers, such as gas, diesel, and gasoline engines. These products are made to be EU Directive and made of cast aluminum to ensure they are long-lasting and corrosive-resistant.
Specifications for model 8256-084 include;
- Powered by a12 volt battery.
- Equipped with Sealed Position Feedback.
- Ambient temperature range from -40 to 167 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mounting capable near the prime mover.
- Compatible with load-sharing accessories.
- Power consumption of 60 watts maximum.
- Made for low-friction and low-mass prime movers.
- CW output.
Model 8256-084 is designed to be responsive, effective, and reliable. It must be combined with magnetic pickup and speed control to create the entire EPG system. To accelerate or shut down the prime mover, travel is required. The actuator operates at maximum work capacity. It is made to withstand high heat when operating with engines. Woodward has discontinued actuator model 8256-084 but it can still be found through sources such as AX Control. AX Control is able to buy and sell, as well as repair these products.