Product 8256-079 is an actuator manufactured by Woodward. It is part of the Electrically Powered Governor series. Like other actuators in the series, it is designed to be reliable, responsive, and effective. This model is long-lasting thanks to a corrosive-resistant material and an ability to handle high temperatures. The ambient temperature should be kept between -40 to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
Additional information about model 8256-079 includes;
- Compatible with gas, gasoline, and diesel engines.
- Compatible with load-sharing accessories.
- Maximum power consumption of 60 watts.
- Preferred travel of 26 degrees.
- Powered by a 24-volt battery.
- Minimum magnetic pickup input of 1.5 VRMS.
- Cast aluminum construction.
Model 8256-079 is compliant with EU Directive and does not need a hydraulic supply or mechanical drive. The actuator weighs less than two pounds and can be mounted to a panel near the engine. This product added to magnetic pickup and electric speed control to create a full EPG system. It is equipped with single-phase droop and isochronous control. The product also utilizes switch-selected dual dynamics. Woodward has discontinued this actuator, but it can be bought and sold through AX Control. AX Control also offers repair services for these models. All repairs come with a warranty lasting three years.